Online Resources for Alan Stern
- Podcast of Stern Defending Pluto
- Two years after the vote in Prague, Neil deGrasse Tyson debated Mark Sykes. This debate coincided with
the release of Tyson's new book, "The Pluto Files."
- "The Pluto Files" NOVA Episode
- This NOVA episode, starring Neil deGrasse Tyson and based on his book of the same name,
is a 50-minute introduction to Pluto's discovery, physical characteristics, and the debate
that eventually led to its demotion. Alan Stern appears in this video.
- Wikipedia Entry for Alan Stern
- This Wikipedia entry provides a short biography of your character. While it doesn't necessarily
provide specific information that you will need for playing the game, it does give you some
background information on this person.
- Planet Data Plotter
- You will need to make at least two plots using the Planet Data Plotter:
one that suggests Pluto is a planet and one that suggest is it just another TNO.
These plots should be included in a one-page paper that you distribute to others
between the 1999 debate ant the 2006 vote. Try changing the variables on the x-axis
and the y-axis. You might also try switching from linear scale (Lin) to logarithmic scale (Log)
to make it easier to make your point.