Feb 6, 01
TOPIC : ____5 Planning IV ( Project Budgets)
- Home work review:
Health Center Program Matrix
Space Performance Data Sheet Health Center
Facility cost estimates.
Facility cost options
- Write a narrative project scope summary.
- Make a Project Budget Summary sheet.
- Identify the modular elements in the program
requirements, which will dictate
the configuration of the building floor plan, and then develop appropriate
net square foot dimensions for these modules.
- Create room layout diagrams for three levels of
planning. ( Master Plan, Schematic Relationships, and Room Layouts ).
Programming and Predesign Manager, R.G. Hershberger, 1999 ( CD ).
Budgets for Buildings, D.E. Parker & A. Dell’Isola, 1991.
Management: A Manual for Plant Administration Part IV Facilities Planning,
Design, Construction and Administration, ed. By W.D. Middleton,1997.
to Estimate with Means Data & Costworks, S.A. Murbarak, 1999.
Budget Summary Sheet S 5-1.
Center layouts S 5-2.
Elements S 5-3
Net SF to Approximate Budgets S 5-4
Narrative Summary S 5-5
Due Feb 12 at 10 am. Also
bring a copy to class.
- Using Supplement 5-2 make two levels of layout
diagrams for the Health Center from Supplement 4-2 as based on the work
done in class. Put it in
project book format.
- Based on the work done in class, identify the two
modular elements for the Health Center and make a room dimension sketch
roughly to scale with dimensions shown. See Supplement 5-3 for details.
Put in project book format.
- Make a Project Budget Summary Sheet in an Excel
spread sheet format using the information contained in Supplement 5-1.
Put it in project book format.
- Create an Approximate Project Budget using
Supplement S 5-4. Put it in
project book format.
- Write a project scope narrative summary for the
Health Center based on Supplement 4-2 and 4-1. See Supplement 5-5 for details. Put it in project book format.
- Copy Supplement 3-1 ( House Space Analysis ) and put
it in project book format.
- Make a revised version of your Project Book Table of
Contents including the assignments from this class.