Jan 30, 01
TOPIC : ____4 PLANNING
IV Scope Estimates
- Homework review:
Program Matrix for house
Space Performance Data Sheet for house
Space relationship diagram Recreation Center
Revise Mission and Guiding Principles for Project Book
PMI Project Management Context
- Tailor Program Matrix form for specific projects and
be able to perform an interview to obtain data to complete the Program
- Be able to convert net square foot facility
requirements into gross square foot scope.
- Be able to use Means Costworks to create approximate
estimates for various facilities.
- Adjust cost estimates for site location and
- Perform cost comparison analysis to determine the
most cost effective facility construction/renovation options.
Operations Engineering Reference. R.S. Means,1999.
Economics and Practice S.A. Rosenthal,1964.
Programming and Predesign Manager. R.G. Hershberger,1999.
to Estimate with Means Data & Costworks, S.A. Murbarak, 1999.
Program Matrix revised. S 4.1
Center Program data S 4.2
Performance Data Sheet revised S 4.3
Center Exam Room data S 4.4
cost estimates S 4.5
option estimates S 4.6
addresses for class S 4.7
Due Jan 29 at 10am. Put
your name on each sheet.
ALSO BRING A COPY OF YOUR HW
- Using supplement S 4.1 create a Program Matrix for
the Health Center as described in class and further detailed in S 4.2.
Put it in project book format.
- Utilizing supplement S 4.3 make a Space Performance
Data Sheet for the Medical Examining room in the Health Center as
described in supplement S 4.4. Put
it in project book format.
- Compute the facility cost estimates from supplement
- Compute the facility cost options from supplement S
- Make a table of contents for your project book
including all project assignments to date.