Jan 23 , 01
TOPIC : ____3- PLANNING
II - PROJECT PLANS AND SCOPE
- Homework review:
Behavior traits, Master Plans, needs assessment, and planning news
- Make master plan level site layouts for various
communities ( towns, colleges, military bases, commercial, airports )
- Be able to conduct customer interviews to determine
scope of work and make a space program data sheet.
- Create space relationship diagrams.
- Calculate net and gross square footage for various
- Identify critical code impacts on building schematic
Programming and Predesign Manager, R.G. Hershberger, 1999 ( CD ).
Facilities Manager’s Reference, H.H. Kaiser,1989.
Standards for Building Types, J. DeChaira & J. Callender, 1990 3 ed.
to Estimate with Means Data & Cost Works.
all divisions of contract specification materials.
construction institute and links to other colleges.
links to government, business, school sites.
assessment for house S 3.1
Program Matrix ( Goals/Facts/Needs/Ideas) S 3.2
Performance Data Sheet S 3.3
Center S 3.4
for Term Project S- 3.5
- Create a Facility Program Matrix for your house from
the homework from Class 2 (HW item #5). Assume you are building in
Colonial Williamsburg, VA in the historic district.
( wood houses, no cars, no big yards ).
- Make a Space Performance Data Sheet for the
following two rooms in your house:
Kitchen: gas supply,
exhaust hood, stone floor, cabinets.
Garage: 12’ high,
sealed concrete floor, 220v outlets on two walls, no windows, electric doors.
- Create a space relationship bubble diagram for the
project in supplement S 3.4
- Read Chapter 9
( Division 17 Approximate Estimates ) in Means Data and Cost Works
- Redo “Mission” and “Guiding Principles”
(using Supplement 1.4 from class 2), and put them in Procedure Manual
format as shown in Supplement S 3.5.
- Read PMI Manual 1996 ed. , Project Management
Context, P 125-131 and answer the following questions:
List four phases of construction projects.
List five key management skills for project managers.