Jan 16, 01
TOPIC : ___2- Planning I__________-
- Review homework assignments: Guiding Principles,
Resumes, Mission, PMI download, reading.
- Improve listening skills and practice giving clear
- Perform a self analysis of management traits and
evaluate the impact on project teams.
- Define the differences between master planning and
- Perform a facility needs assessment by evaluating
assets, deficits, sites, and renovations.
- Identify sources of information related to master
- Identify sources of funding for various projects. (
commercial, military, educational, local government).
Facilities Manager’s Reference, H.H. Kaiser, 1989.
Planning, Design, Construction , and Administration, W. Middleton ed. APPA
to Estimate with Means Data & Cost Works. R.S.Means Inc, 1999.
video of our classes on line. www.video.ncat.edu
( go to classes and select AREN 753)
plans on line:
( select 1994 version of plan) ,
www.elon.edu ( select New
Century from home page then
Facility Master Plan)
analysis data www.esri.com
Principles (S 1.4)
Manager Responsibilities ( S
style Questions (S 2.2)
Online Site Map (S 2.3)
All due via email nlt Jan 22 at 10am.
- Fill out behavior style traits self analysis
Supplement 2.3 and indicate total points for P__,C__,R__,E__.
( plot results at home, bring chart to next class).
- List three future projects in the Elon master plan.
- List the Elements covered in a 1994 version
University of Florida (ufl) master plan. ( urban design, land use etc…)
- Find one other master plan and note the WEB site
- Perform a needs assessment for the project in
Supplement 2.5 above.
- Find a news article related to project planning and
bring it to next class.